aroundeuro2

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

the Wednesday slouch

What a way to start a post...


But hey, I am feeling slightly worse for the wear.

School, work, school work, and you know the rest, have taken a toll on this body. Have no fear, I've found a solution! Last summer, when I had no cold air in my hot brick apartment, I took to the streets.

Hopped on my bike and wheeled to the closest friend livin' lavish in A.C. Stocked the backpack with fruits of the trade. Heineken for him, candy stash for her. I'd sometimes spend the night if the heat refused to cool.

What's the point here?

That I got my body moving. Sweat out the stress of those spoiled suburban kids. Moved my muscles just to spite my every (early) morning commute. And felt better for it. Looked better, too. Probably even smiled wider.

So we've got it. Lesson learned. Let's get our move on.

Only these days, Minneapolis is not the sauna it was in July. Even with our current heat wave, temps barely eek past freezing. What's a girl to do?

Step Challenge.

You read right, step challenge. And they aren't kidding. Check this,

"Step Challenge will push even the most experienced steppers through complex choreography. This high intensity class moves beyond the basic step routines to include 1/2-hop turns, direction changes, around the world, and other challenging moves."

Every Wednesday, I pack yoga pants and gym socks. Show up and assemble step gear alongside blond bronzed size 1/2 co-eds wearing cute shirts that show off their impossibly flat abs.

Somehow these girls intuit the moves. I don't know how they do it, but they do. Our instructor changes steps every breath, and they're hopping like it's their job.

I, on the other hand, am not so suave. Instructor turns left, I'm veering right. They're power squatting and I'm stuck knee kicking. Still, it gets the blood moving and the energy flowing.

And for a girl who spends all her days in libraries,
That's not half bad ;)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home