aroundeuro2

Friday, December 15, 2006

It is done

but it feels like it has just begun.

I kept repeating that phrase on my Tube ride home. Left the office in a rush of picture clicks, sung carols, well wishers. Jim handing me a package. Last glimpse of Swire House. Jumped past a black cab and then, it is done.

Ta rah!

Despite my some time ill likings of city life, I will miss so much:

the Thames River at dark
good good theater
convenience of the Tube
cobblestone alleys of Kensington
Camden
corner pubs
Brick Lane
cafes everywhere
how coffee is actually espresso
making tea every other hour
the accent!

and I'm getting sappy... There is much more, but am going out now for one last night with pals Guy and Emily and who knows else. Have a happy weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home